Cancel automatic start of `Aurora'
Aurora substitues the text system log message during bootstrap by nice images - at the disadvantage, that each message only appears for a short moment. Better have the old-fashioned text message sequence:
Boot -> Boot Config
- Launch Aurora at boot time
Adapt Lilo menu of boot alternatives
Take care to push all suggested OK and Done buttons!
A mistake in these operations may result in system that cannot be booted. Be sure you have a system floppy before you go further!
ConfigureDelay before booting default -> 15
To add / modify item to Lilo boot alternatives menu:Add or ModifyOk
Choices like label ... (name text) Image /boot/vmlinuz Root /dev/hdaN Append quiet Video mode 788 Initrd /boot/initrd.imgOkDone
rpm -q --all | sort -o temp_file
Then compare temp_file with the standard sample configuration, (for instance using xemacs)
If date is not correct, files will be created with wrong time-stamp - possibly ahead of the real time; later on, utilities like tar may get upset with this ahead-of-time date:
To set correct date:
- Set hardware clock to real time (without regard to daylight saving time) (use /sbin/hwclock or reboot).
- Mandrake Control Center System -> Date & TIME
Set time zone -> Amsterdam
Set correct date
Is your hardware clock set to GMT?
Create `ext2' zip mount facility
- Switch to super-user (su)
- Save original fstab entrycp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.org
- Create mount point on /mnt/zip2mkdir /mnt/zip2
- Edit fstab to add `ext2' zip entry; add:/dev/sda1 /mnt/zip2 ext2/ defaults,user,noauato 0 0
Import files from zip disk
- mkdir temp_dir
cp /mnt/zip2 temp_dir
Follow instructions listed in temp_dir/README
[ INDEX ] [ Linux à l'Université de Genève ]